RMA AND DOA GUIDELINES
(Return Material Authorization and Dead on Arrival)
Distributors, resellers, and system integrators can contact our technical support engineers by phone, fax, or email for assistance. End users will not be supported without prior escalation. VisioLogix currently only services RMA requests from authorized distributors. Resellers, system integrators, and end users will need to return merchandise to their authorized VisioLogix distributor.
To check the status of an existing RMA or warranty information, distributors can contact our RMA personnel by phone or email. End users may only contact our support lines through escalation or for a distributor look up. An RMA number is necessary for RMA status updates and the serial number is necessary for warranty or distributor information.
As a benefit to our customers, VisioLogix will provide technical support beyond the warranty period of a purchased product for a small nominal fee, up to the time frame in which the product becomes phased out.
RMA for Product Returns
If a repair is required, the customer must request a RMA number with VisioLogix. All returns must be accompanied by the RMA number and freight must be prepaid. The RMA number is valid for 30 days and customer must re-obtain the RMA number if not used within this time period. VisioLogix will not accept any unauthorized returns or freight collect return. Unauthorized or freight collect returns will result in the return of the entire shipment, even if a portion of it has an RMA, to the sender at their expense. If a returned product contains parts that are no longer available or repairable, VisioLogix will contact the customer to discuss a resolution
VisioLogix RMA Guarantee
Standard Warranty Guarantee
- Unless otherwise notified by VisioLogix, RMA orders will be repaired/replaced and returned within 5 business days of shipment arrival to our office. Shipping transit time is not included.
Maintenance Contract Warranty Guarantee
- Unless otherwise notified by VisioLogix, RMA orders will be processed the same day and replacement unit(s) will be ship the same day. Under the Maintenance Contract Warranty, all replacement unit(s) are processed and shipped by Next Business Day (NBD).
The original product and the power supply. Any hardware defects in materials or workmanship, with the exceptions stated below.
Out of Warranty
Any cosmetic damage or any other damage or defect caused by abuse, misuse, neglect, use in violation of instructions, repair by an unauthorized third party, or an act of God. Also, if serial numbers have been altered, defaced, or removed. Further, consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. It also will not cover such cameras without its housing, cables that are cut during installation and accessories that are missing from the original packages.
In cases such as water damage due to bad-installation or misused, unless otherwise notified, the customer will be responsible for the repair fee.
A. Return Policy and Product Restocking
VisioLogix will issue credit only to the authorized distributors. Without proper escalation, resellers, vendors, installers and end users will not be given credit. There is no exception. Requests for returns must be made within 60 days of purchase from VisioLogix invoice. For any returns over 60 days from VisioLogix invoice, proof of purchase must be provided, which states within 30 days of customers’ purchase. Otherwise, VisioLogix will not approve any returns for credit. Additionally, all written notification issued by VisioLogix, such as EOL, Clearance, Special orders, or customized products, will not be accepted as a credit return.
a. Product Return for Dead-On-Arrival Products
- Product must be complete with original packaging.
- Accessories and mounting parts must be new with original packaging, all included accessories, and in saleable condition.
Without the original packaging upon arrival, a restock fee up to 25 percent of the purchase price will be applied. The customer will be informed of these fees after inspection by VisioLogix. VisioLogix reserves the right to test all products before issuing credit for any DOA products. Based on the inspection result, VisioLogix has the right to reject the return or the customer will be notified regarding any applicable restocking fees if the product is not defective. For quicker service, please contact VisioLogix to verify whether the unit is DOA or not. It is essential to contact the RMA Department for any question regarding to DOA products.
b. Product Return for Brand New Products
- Product must be new with original packaging and in saleable condition.
- Accessories and mounting parts must be new with original packaging with all included components and in saleable condition.
NOTE: If the product is NOT in saleable condition such as, missing components and/or any sign of damaged, VisioLogix has the right to reject the return or charge restock fee up to 20 percent of the purchase price. The customer will be informed of these fees after inspection by VisioLogix.
c. Software Return
- For software returns, packaging must be in unopened condition. All License keys must be destroyed and not used. VisioLogix will not approve returns for software once the packaging has been opened.
B. Repair/Replace Policy and Procedures
a. Dead-On-Arrival (DOA) Products
- Requests for DOA must be made within 60 days of purchase from VisioLogix invoice. For any DOA’s over 60 days from HD Protech’s invoice, proof of purchase must be provided, which states within 30 days of customers’ purchase. Otherwise, VisioLogix will not approve as DOA.
- Product must be complete with original packaging
- Accessories and mounting parts must be new with original packaging, all included accessories and in good condition.
- All DOA products will be replaced with brand new units.
VisioLogix reserves the right to test all products before replacing brand new units for any DOA products. Based on the inspection result, VisioLogix has the right to reject the return or the customer will be notified regarding any applicable restocking fees if the product is not defective. For No Defects Found (NDF) cases, VisioLogix may test a camera longer than 3 business days and customers will be notified. For quicker service, please contact VisioLogix to verify whether the unit is DOA or not. It is essential to contact the RMA Department for any question regarding to DOA products.
b. Under Warranty
- Products under warranty will be tested upon receipt based on the problem description given by the customer.
- If the product is determined to be defective, VisioLogix will replace the units. Replacement units are issued at HD Protech’s sole discretion.
- At VisioLogix’s sole discretion, we will issue store credit to the customer instead of repairing or replacing the products when we determine that repair or replacement is not an option.
- Replacement products fall under the following conditions:
- The warranty from time of purchase of original product will apply to the replacement unit. No warranty extensions will be given.
- Replacement units may be used or refurbished.
- If an exact replacement model is not available, a similar replacement unit will be issued with a value of equal to or less than the price paid by the customer at the time of purchase of the original unit. *Purchase Orders and/or Mac addresses are needed.
- At VisioLogix’s sole discretion, replacement units may be issued for out of stock or discontinued products instead of repair or replacement.
- No exchanges will be issued for items that are not received by VisioLogix within 30 days of the RMA date.
- Replacement units are shipped via UPS ground unless expedited terms are specified and paid for by the customer.
c. Out of Warranty
- VisioLogix will follow the same procedure as with under warranty products. However, the customer will be obligated to pay up to 50 percent of MSRP for the replacement, plus $95 inspection fee. Out of warranty replacement units will be covered under warranty for 90 days from the date VisioLogix ships to the customer.
- Protecting the value of returned products by packaging and shipping them correctly is the sender’s responsibility. VisioLogix reserves the right to deny warranty coverage for any damage caused by improper packaging. Sending RMAs without the correct RMA number on the packaging may delay the repair process.